Approximately 330,000 people from all across the world move to Canada every year, making the country a top global immigration destination. And the number is expected to grow.
The world’s most immigrant-friendly nation is a land of opportunities to start a new life. People who immigrate to Canada come from various countries and diverse backgrounds, but most of them share at least one common characteristic – a strong desire to find better opportunities in life.
Canadian immigration is popular with people from all over the world. In the past, the majority of immigrants moving to Canada arrived from countries in Europe. Today, most of the foreign-born individuals living in Canada came from countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. According to the most recent Canadian Census data, the percentage of people born in African countries who immigrate to Canada has increased from 1.4 percent in 1971 to 8.5 percent of the foreign-born population in 2016. It is predicted that individuals born in Africa will account for 11-12% of all immigrants living in Canada by 2036. The top five countries of birth for immigrants recently relocating to Canada from Africa are Nigeria, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco and Cameroon. As an example, there were 5,459 immigrants from Nigeria who were able to immigrate to Canada during 2017, according the annual Canadian immigration report released by the government in December 2018. Of course, people also immigrate to Canada from many other countries in Africa. One of the most famous immigrants to move to Canada from Africa was born in Somalia and after graduating from a Canadian university, becoming a lawyer and being elected to Canada’s Parliament, he was appointed by the Prime Minister to serve as the current Canadian Immigration Minister!
If you wish to enjoy one of the world’s highest standards of living, Canada is the right place for you.
Top 10 Reasons to Move to Canada
- Immigrant-friendly: Canadians are open and tolerant people. Canada is considered the world's most immigrant-friendly country.
- Free primary and secondary education and subsidized post-secondary education is available. Higher education ranks among the very best in the world.
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents receive free health care.
- Canada has often been rated as one of the best countries to live in. Canadian cities such as Vancouver and Toronto also rank among the best to live in.
- Good for raising children as both federal and provincial governments give monthly child care benefits.
- Pension plan and old-age pension are available.
- Social welfare is provided for those who are unable to support themselves or unable to find employment.
- Unemployment benefits are available for up to six months.
- Canada is blessed with the largest reservoirs of natural resources such as fresh water, vast forests, etc.
- Canada’s proximity allows you visa-free access to the U.S.
- Canada is the world’s second-largest country.
- Canada has a population of about 37 million (2019).
- The country is made up of 10 provinces and three territories.
- From east to west, the country encompasses six time zones.
- Canada shares a 5,525-mile boundary with the U.S.
- The Atlantic Ocean hugs the coastline to the east, the Pacific Ocean to the west.
- Geography is diverse – fertile plains, vast mountain ranges, lakes, rivers, wilderness forests and Arctic tundra to the far north.
- The official currency is the Canadian dollar.
- English and French are the two official languages.
- The maple leaf is the national symbol.
Apply now with Canada Immigration Express!
DISCLAIMER: This information is not and shall not be considered as expert or professional advice.